EVENT 5: DEATH BY…
Every 1 Minute On the Minute (EMOM)
1 Wall Walk
Add 1 Wall Walk every minute until failure
WHEN FAILURE HAPPENS START THE NEXT MINUTE WITH:
2 Burpee Box Jump Overs 24in/20in
Add 2 Burpee Box Jump Overs every minute until failure
*Score is TOTAL REPS COMPLETED (Wall Walks + BBJO)
*Tiebreaker is WALL WALK REPS
- Mark a tape line to designate the start/finish line. Measure from the wall to the edge of the tape that is CLOSEST to the wall. For women, the distance from the wall to the tape is 55 inches. For men, the distance is 60 inches. This first line will be the start and finish line for each repetition.
- Tape a second line that leaves 10 inches of space between the tape’s far edge and the wall.
- Every rep begins and ends with the athlete lying down, with their chest, feet, and thighs touching the ground.
- At the start and finish of each rep, both hands must touch the first tape line (fingers touching is OK).
- Both hands must remain on the tape until both feet are on the wall.
- At the top of the movement, both hands must touch the tape line for the 10-inch mark before the athlete can descend.
- Any part of the hand may touch the tape line.
- On the descent, the feet must remain on the wall until both hands are touching the first line.
- The rep is credited when the athlete returns to the starting position, with both hands touching the first line and their chest, thighs, and feet touching the ground.
- Any part of the hand may make contact with the tape line.
BURPEE BOX JUMP-OVER
- The burpee box jump-over starts with the athlete facing the box while touching their chest and thighs to the ground and finishes with the athlete jumping over the box.
- Athletes may step or jump in and out of the push-up position.
- A two-foot takeoff is always required, and only the athlete’s feet may touch the box.
- After landing on the box, the athlete may jump or step off to the other side.
- Alternatively, the athlete may jump completely over the box.
- If jumping over the box, the feet must pass over the box, not around it, and the athlete must use a two-foot landing.
- There is no requirement to stand tall while on top of the box.
- Each rep is counted when the athlete lands on the ground on the opposite side of the box. From there, they may begin their next rep.
*CONTACT COMPETITION@PITFITNESSRANCH.COM WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS*